Thursday, October 06, 2005

THE DOG THAT BIT ME AND THE CAGE HE'S SPENDING THE NIGHT IN...

So, I'm walking back to work after lunch today and I approach a barking dog. Obviously, he was quite agitated as I minded my own and continued walking--without even breaking speed. As I paced along a couple of houses, the dog stayed on my heels and then, without any advance warning, he struck. Like a bear trap he clamped down on my left ankle. Ripping open my sock and tearing a small hole in my khakis. I almost stopped to assess the damage, possibly to kick this mutt's nose into the back of his head, but I did neither. I kept marching along without pause, whencing in pain as my ankle throbbed. I kept moving mainly because there was a woman on the other side of the block who, I think, saw the whole thing go down and I didn't want to pop the dog in the face and then have her blab off to the owner and get some pet owner angry at me. I walk that same route everyday. Geez, now I know what mailmen go through. Anyhow, so I arrive at work and dial up Amarillo Animal Control and report this dog's punkass to the authorities. I also finally checked on my ankle--no bleeding, no broken skin. Thankfully.

I called up my lovely wife and explained to her what had happened. Obviously concerned, she offered me a ride home. I reluctantly agreed. Why reluctantly, you ask? Because I wanted to head back for round two. See how tough this big boy is fighting a guy actually FACING him. Cheapshottin' sonuvabitch.

Anyhow, hopefully the owners of this dog are enjoying a lonely evening in Amarillo while their dog spends a little hard time behind bars. By the looks of this chump, he's already spent some time in there. Dude had prison shoulders. But let it be known, had we met in the dark with no witnesses, I'd whallop on that punk. I'm not totally against putting a dog down. Honestly, if it's that aggressive to snap at a passerby doing NOTHING to agitate him, he might not be beyond correction, but had he pulled the same stunt on the nose of a five year-old child, it would've been an angry father with a baseball bat playing Johnny Law.

Quick plug for a documentary titled MURDERBALL. If you haven't heard anything about it, do a little reading here at http://www.murderballmovie.com/ It's insanely good and so very well done. Just finished watching it with my brother-in-law. And no, it's not a Steven Segal movie.

Have a good Friday everyone. Go Sawx. The big comeback begins tomorrow at 3pm EST.

Lock your dogs up. I'm carrying a tazer gun now.

2 comments:

TX said...

Drop the hammer on that mutt. Or I'll do it for you! Where's Trinka the Protector when you need her?!?!?!

sarahsmile3 said...

I can't believe you were able to just keep walking. If it were me, I would be screaming for help. The dog would smell my fear and it would feed his rage. Inevitably, I would be devoured.