Wednesday, May 21, 2008

IT'S A FAMILY BUSINESS...

My aunt located this gem. Yeah, some of us have a little Nascar, "hang-it-on-the-wall" in us. It's a rare breed that mack the multi-color hat. Here's a young Wyrick tending to the booth at a county hunting show.You know, I'm not much for shooting things. It's not that I don't like guns, it's...well, actually, I think that it's that I don't like guns. I don't even think I have much of problem putting an animal down. I just don't like the mechanics of guns. I don't like the sound. I get shaky when they're in the area. Actually, now that I think about it, I guess I do have a problem killing an animal. I don't think it's wrong. I just think it's not for me. I think the animals of the kingdom talk to me. There, I said it. A stray dog on my ride home yesterday warned me that, "Tux gets it if you tell anyone I was here."




And, while I'm not a fan of hunting or guns because I'm a new-wave, young buck who didn't grow up on a farm shooting beer cans and varmint, waiting for the next funny car race, I like hunting when it gives us well-hung caribou like this. Imagine this thing in my front yard. Maybe then, my neighbor will concede and put up his stupid fake deer.


I'd just put it right on the edge of my yard. Nah, I ain't related to these dudes, but sometimes I fantasize that there are some dark corners of my family where dudes make money stuffing animals and glazing fish with a hardening glop that freezes them in a position like their swiping at nearby bait.




Speaking of family, I just noticed that I missed my sister-in-law's birthday because I'm an all-star. Yeah, no excuse for that. Sarah, I'm calling you today and, for your birthday, you'll get to listen to me apologize a day later about how much of a moron I am. Yeah, that's your gift. Love you, Sarah.



Bro Bro watched his Cubbies lose to the Astros live in Houston. At least he got to see an Aramis homer. Unfortunately, it also came with a Houston grand slam. 'Stros win 4-2. I'm confirmed for two games in June at Minute Maid in Houston...Sox versus the Astros. Yeah, it'll be a bloodbath. Thanks, David.



Listening to Prince Rakeem "Ooh, We Love You Rakeem" from 1991. Man, this is some classic material here. Prince Rakeem would only release a 12" and then would disappear into one of 36 chambers only to resurface later as the leader of one of the most feared groups in hip hop's history. Well worth the listen. Check it out. It's corny, but he rocks it.

This dude is an imposter: Check this. He is not me. I don't know him. I'm younger, better looking, a better writer and don't take stupid pictures of myself.

Holla atcha boy--it's humpday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So....... You don't have an AK like Cube?