Thursday, August 14, 2008

IF I COULD FIND A VIDEO FOR THIS WEEK...

This week has been an absolute terror. And it doesn't help that I was up at 3:45 this morning. Sleep just doesn't seem to be something my body is too interested in. It doesn't help that I wake up thinking about the price of crude oil. What the hell?

Something happened over the last six months...Texas Tech is a ranked #11 in the preseason football polls. This could be the very worst thing for Texas Tech as any time they think they're good, they're not. Keep the expectations low. But when you pull off two of the greatest comebacks in bowl history in consecutive years, you tend to gain a bit of attention. Danny and I are catching the first home game of the season when the Red Raiders go up against the University of Massachusetts. Geez, thanks Danny. I didn't even know that UMass had a football team. I'll bring a pillow.

I think that "Intervention" has officially become my favorite reality television show after this week's episode that chronicles a pre-med flunkie that becomes addicted to huffing compressed air and pays for her habit by sleeping with a 46-year old married family man. You just can't write this kind of stuff. This girl huffed 10 cans a day. Kinda makes my daily four cups of coffee look like tee-ball.

The Russians invaded Georgia? Man, I need to call a few friends in Atlanta and make sure everything's alright.

The new Nas album sucks. I've listened to it five times now and I can't hear it. Of course, I'll be the first to admit that I've never considered him half the lyricist he's reverred as being.

I hate Home Depot. I hate everything about that place. It's the Wal-Mart of home improvement. Walking in there gives me an empty and lonely feeling. It's like the Nothing in The Neverending Story. Bad enough that I hate being there so much, but even worse that no trip is a short trip. It takes five minutes just to find an employee and, once you do, it takes five more minutes for them to help you. Then, because they're in such dire financial troubles, they hardly staff anyone on the front end and you spend an additional five to seven minutes behind some moron Nascar fan trying to operate the self-checkout. The other day, I went there to exchange out my propane tank because the local guy was cleaned out of full tanks. It took seventeen minutes to complete the transaction. Home Depot can kiss my ass.

Where was I going with that? Hmm...oh yeah. Despite my hate for Home Depot, the bathroom project is coming along quite well. It should be done by mid-September. We'll plan a formal unveiling that will include beer and beef products.

Ice Cube's doing an in-store in Albuquerque the first of September. Looks like a few of us will be in attendance for the event. Angry Tim's teasing with the thought of having him autograph a used copy of Are We There Yet? I'll be taking my vinyl copy of Amerikkka's Most Wanted.

Apparently, within the next ten years, whites will be the minority in this country. Republicans are scared. I say who cares. Just make sure that "America's Best Dance Crew" doesn't get cancelled and everything's gonna be alright.

Roundhouse goes for deuce tonight. Rockin' it...r'rockin' it.

1 comment:

sarahsmile3 said...

I know I am going to hell because I laughed my way through the episode of intervention that you mentioned. The girl would punctuate every sentence with a quick inhalation of the computer duster. I fell sorry for her,but damn!