Monday, February 04, 2008

THE ROOT DOWN WINS AGAIN...GIANTS KNOCK OFF PATS: 17-14

I called it. Richard seconded the motion. Julio blew smoke in Richard's face which really upset him.

While my score was not exact, one could say that by being one of the few to confidently pick the Giants to beat the Patriots--I was already unlikely to be victorious today. Well, in what was probably the best Super Bowl I've seen in my life, the Giants smothered the Pats by three points (not by six as predicted) and the undefeated season remains property of the Dolphins. I'm not a Patriots hater, I'm a Brady hater. I just hate that guy. I reminds me of the type of cat I hated in high school. He played quarterback for the varsity squad, got the best grades, was loved by every girl in school, had parents who fulfilled his every dream for him (and never spanked him), won everything (including math competitions) and he drove a new Blazer with really big wheels. I'm glad he lost.

Earlier in the week, Giants' wide receiver Plaxico Burress (who also made the game-winning catch) also made the prediction that the Giants would win 23-17 to which Tom Brady responded confidently, "We're only going to score 17 points? Does Plaxico play defense? I wish he said 45-42, or something like that." Nope, Tom, you're only gonna score two touchdowns. He said it and I said it.

Score one for the good guys.

No comments: