Wednesday, July 16, 2008

HOW MUCH DO MASCOTS GET PAID...ANYONE?

Represent the Boston Red Sox as Wally at select community and corporate events; always conducting him or herself in a professional manner during appearances. Must be available in a part time hourly role on weekdays, weeknights, weekends and holidays. Must have reliable transportation.

Minimum of one year experience as a sports mascot, theme park character or actor. Must have general knowledge of baseball and the Boston Red Sox. Ability to interact with and entertain a crowd. Must be able to withstand high heat in costume and be able to lift 50 pounds.


Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:


1. Yes/No: I live in the Boston area
2. Yes/No: I have experience as a mascot, theme park character or actor
3. Yes/No: I have reliable transportation
4. Yes/No: I am available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays




I have reliable transportation: my feet, my bike and my Honda. And, if in Boston, the subway. I have no experience as a mascot, but I've never punched anyone and don't drink before work. I don't live in the Boston area, but hourly pay for 80+ home games at Fenway might make it worth it. Days, nights, weekends and holidays? Hell yeah! Able to lift 50 pounds? You bet. I can also toss 100-pound kids. Able to withstand high heat in a costume...crap...f'get about it.

No comments: