Sunday, July 02, 2006

MURDER OUTLAWED?! I'M ALWAYS THE LAST TO KNOW.

So, the other day, in preparation for July 4th in the dry ol' Yellow, city officials put into place an arson ban. Now think about that for a second. There's now a ban on arson?!

"Arson" itself is a defined term. It is a criminal act. There's is no other use of the word in which it is not a crime. You don't say, "I'm going to go out back and use arson to light the grill so we can get those burgers on." So, my question is this, wouldn't it be safe to say that arson is always banned? Not just during dry seasons?

Another instance of the same here in Amarillo. I wasn't familiar with drug-free zones. Again, maybe no one told me of the neighborhoods in which drugs are permitted here in the Yellow, but I had thought, for the longest time, that everywhere was a drug-free zone. One night I heard that someone was caught with meth in a drug-free zone and I was compelled to ask the obvious questions. It's just weird. Everything in the Yellow is a little weird.

Just got back in from Palo Duro. It was awesome. Kraut and burgers, a nice astronomy lesson, a cockroach the size of a chihuahua and Jackson the guard dog? Betta believe it. Maybe I'll get an update up this evening.

Manny and Papi both hit two homeruns each in the complete dismantling of the Florida Marlins, 11-5. Rolling into the All-Star break looking very nice. All-Star selection is tonight. Yankees lost. We still lead the division by four games.

A man down the street is selling the skull and horns of what looks like a water buffalo. Am considering a purchase for the Boom Boom Tomb. My lovely wife would just love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»