Wednesday, October 24, 2007

ELDERS COMES THRU IN CLUTCH, BUYS FOUR TICKETS TO GAME 3 IN DENVER AND MY HEAD EXPLODES

In what can only be called "unparalleled heroism," Matt Elders (wingman in the pursuit for World Series tickets) managed to beat the odds and, after close to three hours waiting in a virtual hell (with up to 4.5 million others estimated) to be randomly selected for a chance to buy tickets, we got 'em.
At approximately 3:00, Elders calls me at the office while I continue to refresh my three "please hold" windows. "Dude, I'm in." My reply? "Buy, buy, buy!" Our agreement was if either of us made it in (and the chances of both of us making it to a purchase was an impossibility), purchase the max (four tickets). Well, Matt made it. Shortly thereafter (I estimate close to thirty minutes), all games in Colorado were sold out. Just under the tag.
So Saturday, my lovely wife and I, Matt and, uh, I'm not sure who else, will be in Manny alley in left center field for Game 3 between the Sox and the Rockies (I refuse to adopt the "Rox" as in the "Sox vs. Rox" catch-phrase). Dice K will be making the start against some cat named "Fogg" for the Rockies.
I'm calling the Sox in six. How's that for some alliteration?
Elders, good game. Payment coming shortly.

No comments: