Sunday, August 06, 2006

CELEBRITY SPOTTING IN HOUSTON

Okay, I'm home.

I'm tired.

Worn.

And not really for typing, but before I forget about it, I have to log a celebrity sighting at the Houston Airport. We arrive from Orlando and making our way to our next gate for the Yellow. We're waiting on the platform for the train-thang that'll take us to another terminal and I spotted him, frantically diggin' through his carry-on baggage and dialing on this cellular telephone. I was star-struck. I panic and begin whispering among my party so they could stand in awe with me (and also recognize that I spotted him first). Unfortunately for me, no one was too hip to him and no one recognized him as a celebrity. But, honest to God, it was him. I have no picture to prove it, but I would ask myself, "Would j3 really make this up?"

So who was it, you ask?

None other than the great Theo Von from Road Rules.


I know what you're thinking: he's not really a celebrity. He's just a reality television star. Well, if he's had more TV time than me that makes him a celebrity. Theo's doing stand-up now. Good luck to him. I've been pulling for him on the Fresh Meat competition on MTV, however, the season has not yet completed. I should've just walked to him and asked him who won. Another missed chance. He bolted for an open door on the opposite train and I lost him.

Oh well. Take my word for it.

I come home to find my beloved Sox down two games to the Bankees. It was bound to happen. Some key injuries have hit us hard of late. Here's to a better week for them.

More about my time in Orlando with the guarantee of an actual celebrity photo with, count 'em, two celebrities. And, yes, it's way awesome. Laters, folks.

No comments: